I’m considering changing the format of my blog and rather than post short stories, to concentrate on providing more variety relating to my work as an author. Since I started the site, approximately 4 1/2 years ago (how time flies!) there have been approximately 1,000 individual visitors who either follow or like my posts, but very few leave comments. It’s difficult to know whether the posts hit the right note, or if there is a better way to communicate with followers.
I would really appreciate your response to a short survey so I know what YOU want to see. If you enjoy the short stories you might be interested to know I post a new one every Friday evening, around 5 p.m. UK time on my Facebook author page https://www.facebook.com/Voinks.writer.author
Thanks to all those familiar names who keep me company every week. Your support means more than you would ever imagine. Okay, here we go.
1.Do you visit the blog
c) Not sure how I ended up here
2. How did you first discover the site?
a) Through Facebook
b) Recommendation from a friend
c) Random browsing from keywords
3. Do you enjoy reading the short stories?
c) Would be happy to see something different
4. Have you ever read any of my books? (if so which ones?)
b) No, not interested
c) No, but might if I knew how to find them
d) I only read free stuff.
5. Would you be interested in entering a competition to win a free copy of one of my books?
6. What would put you off signing up to a newsletter on say a monthly or quarterly basis, giving updates on new releases, prize draws and other exclusive content:
a) Distrust of providing my email address
b) Possibility of being hacked/scam
c) Insufficient time
d) Other. Please explain your reasons in a comment.
7. Would you be interested in seeing information/guest posts/interviews with other authors?
8. Do you ever follow links?
9. Where are you located?
c) Other (please state which country)
Finally, is there anything else you would like to see on the site?
Please leave a comment on any or all of the questions to give me an idea of your preferences. Thanks for taking the time to give your views, and hope to see you next week.
© Voinks April 2020
Now I’m feeling guilty for not writing a story. 😀
Here’s one which I was delighted to have included in the April edition of the Autumn Chickens online magazine.
Autumn Chickens ‘Not Fade Away.’
It’s also included in my latest book ‘Listen to Love’ which you can find here:
‘Listen to Love’ Amazon